Saturday, July 16, 2011

Oysters, Lobster Roll & Market Table

So last night a great friend of mine was taking me out to dinner for my just past birthday. We had a 9pm table at Market Table. But before that I had several hours to kill so I took my current book and went to Pearls Oyster Bar for the first time.

Pearls is worth trying again. I sat at the bar had great service. I know going out to dinner after I should not had eaten but me and oysters plus they are known for their lobster rolls. The Oysters were good but they only carry one type per day. I rather have a variety. The lobster roll was very good. It's is a mayo based dressing. Not to much. But I think I like the butter base from Luke's Lobster. Anyhoo, the food around me looked very good so I will go back for dinner.

Now onto the main event...

Market Table by Chef Mike Price











First let's start with what we ordered:

To Start;

+ charred spanish octopus, greek salad, chickpeas
+ diver scallop crudo, pineapple, jalapeƱo, lime, sea salt

Main;

+ sauteed skate wing, corn salad, avocado vinaigrette
+ grilled swordfish,  bacon & spinach risotto, cherry relish

Sides;
     
+ grilled corn off the cob, chili, lime, parmesan
+ sauteed haricot vertes, mint, toasted almonds

Market Table serves very fresh, very clean, very tasty food. The service is great. My one negative is that the place is loud. Too loud to be a good date place? No, but loud.

I recommend going there and will go back myself.


Tonight I'm taking myself to Prune. This is a restaurant I have always wanted to go.

I will update.

Cheers,
Evan
 









































No comments:

Post a Comment